I met one of my bestest friends for lunch today; bestest = we've practically grown up together since we were tiny girls, knee high to a grasshopper (which is ironic b/c I don't especially care for grasshoppers and I wouldn't necessarily call being born 9 pounds 10 ounces tiny, sorry Mom!)
Anyway...we can always get together, do anything or do nothing and have a fabulous time with each other! The food was delicious as always, but lunch seemed to end kind of short, at least I had 15 minutes until I had to get back to the office (at which I naturally used soaking up some Arizona 115 degree rays in my car while wearing black and listening to some sweet tunes). I wasn't feeling quite as satisfied as our last lunch date together, but I couldn't quite pinpoint it...I was just going to brush it off b/c it's not a big deal, really...and then I got a text from my friend that just said "Did I talk the whole time?" ...THAT'S IT! That was my unsatisfactory yet still a good time, feeling I was having. I hadn't realized it but she had sort of talked the entire time. It wasn't a bad thing by any means; she had plenty more to say and share this lunch time then I did.
However, that brings me to the point that every relationship no matter what it is (friendship, professional, love...) needs to consist of both giving and taking in order to be happy and satisfied. I'm glad bestie was conscious of my feelings enough to bring it up.
Always a Good Time, Thanks Dizzle!
No comments:
Post a Comment