Friday, July 24, 2009

Allow Me To Introduce Myself

Today my coworker/friend Lisa and I decided to eat lunch at Paradise Bakery which turned out to be such a fabulous time! We tried their new Summer Berry Salad with half a sandwich. It was delicious and we felt healthier after eating it compared to the normal greasy choices.

{Lisa is such an awesome person! I have enjoyed working with her for almost two years. She has such a cute personality, and I learn so much from her. She is a little older than me, and so wise. I enjoy hearing her speak of she and her husband’s relationship-they’ve been married 21 years I believe-and I tell her all the time how I admire them and their communication styles. I definitely have learned a lot from her about work, relationships, compromising, etc.}

About half way through our lunch I noticed this young, confident woman walk through the doors. I told Lisa “I think I know that girl, or know of her”. I recognized her from her Company Website I came across a few months back. I thought to myself “get up and introduce yourself” and then I didn’t think there would be a good time, or the whole ‘what would I say?’ feeling. We were about to leave and I got up and excused myself for interrupting (she and a gentleman were having a discussion, probably business/networking related) and introduced myself. It was her-Gelie Akhenblit of NetworkingPhoenix.com. Our introduction was brief, but overall I am glad that I introduced myself. After all, you never know where a connection might lead!

You can find Gelie on LinkedIn.com and on her Company’s Website, NetworkingPhoenix.com to name a couple. I encourage you to check out her site and start introducing yourself to others!

No comments:

Post a Comment