Friday, July 24, 2009

I Don't Want To Go Out With You

One of my earliest memories of being a {heartbreaker} okay not really, but one of my earliest memories of almost having a boyfriend was back in the 6th grade. I remember one day after school hanging out at Jonell’s house and this boy called me on her phone to ask me out. The following is how the conversation took place, no joke:

Boy: Tara, go out with me.
Tara: No.
Boy: Go out with me.
Tara: No.
Boy: Please go out with me?
Tara: No.
Boy: Go out with me!
Tara: No.
Boy: If you don’t go out with me, I’m going to ask Jonell out.
Tara: Ask her out.
Boy: I don’t wanna go out with her! I want to go out with you.
Tara: No.

HaHaHa it makes me laugh because it’s so silly. Well that was over the weekend. On that next Monday morning in class, this boy said he had a necklace for his girlfriend…(I thought maybe he was still thinking I was his girlfriend even after I turned him down repeatedly)…I was wrong. He gave this beautiful butterfly necklace to his girlfriend, who was not me. My loss.

Lessons Learned:
#1 Boys sure do move on quickly!
#2 Never turn someone down until after you get the prezzies.

No comments:

Post a Comment