And I Do.
Tonight after work I got ready to go play some sand volleyball. {Friends and I have been getting together for about the past month, a few times a week to play sand volleyball-before that we were playing indoor} and I'm actually pretty good sometimes, considering I've only played for Young Women's before. We were meeting up at Freestone so I decided I would hit the batting cages real quick before hand.
I purchased my four tokens, got a bat, and went down to where the slow pitch softball machines were. There was a group of about 12 guys or so, so I politely stood there waiting my turn. Two guys jumped in right away and said "you can use this one once he's done; we'll move over" {my, my, my...how nice of them}. I said 'okay thank you, that would be great' with an innocent little smile on my face {no hair twirling this time-they were younger guys}. The 'leader' of the group stepped up and asked where I played, and what was on my shirt {mammoth}. I told him I play on city coed leagues, and he told me they were a ward team. I forget the name of the ward {darn} but he said near where the new Temple will be built. Anyhow I got my ego stroked a bit because the young men were impressed with my hitting skills, saying that I was 'showing them up'.
I finished my 5 minutes of fame in the cage, and continued a bit of small talk. The YM Leader threw out 'Do you get set up a lot?' Why, no I don't {I'm totally down for it though}. He said to the boys 'who was that who spoke on Sunday? ...Yeah, he's a beast...' I guess that was a good thing-at least 6'4, basketball player? Then the leader said to one of the guys, which I thought was pretty funny, "She's a little out of your league, but put her number in your phone so we can give it to _______". HaHa So I thought that was pretty cool! That never happens to me. :) I guess we'll see if I get a call.
After that fun little interaction I walked a hundred yards and played some GREAT Volley for two hours... All in all I'd say it was a pretty successful night! Now I'm gonna hit the showers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment